With the number of labs growing that have implemented R18LabQMS, the number of labs adding satellite lab accounts is also growing. These labs have seen the benefit of the application to manage all procedures in one place and to provide ease of access to the assessor prior to coming on-site. The benefits are numerous, let’s take a look at just a few:
Initially setting up the satellite lab account
During the set-up process, there will be content in each section that was created in the primary lab. These procedures can be edited or deleted as you work through the process. This allows for a much quicker set-up process, along with standardization across all labs within your company.
• After initially creating an equipment procedure (cal/check/stand/maintenance), procedures can be added to other pieces of equipment; in this case, if procedures are edited, all procedures will change.
• Procedures can be copied and edited, creating a separate/new but similar procedure (a separate procedure). Once this new copied procedure is edited, it can be added to other pieces of equipment.
• From the Primary lab account to all Satellite labs, all procedures can be accessed and used, saving an enormous amount of time and standardizing procedures within your company.
Users and position descriptions
• Move technicians to various lab accounts and assign position descriptions that have been created from other labs.
The process of adding satellite labs
The subscription can be purchased online, or users can go to the application: Manage Lab Tab/satellite lab view/ + new satellite lab, complete the form. After filling out the form, the invoice will be sent and the R18LabQMS team will activate your account.
Q: Can I print an organizational chart from my quality manual ‘as seen’?
A: There are a couple of ways this can be done: 1) From the User Tab, click on Org Chart and then export PDF. This will create an actual view of the (as seen) org chart. 2) From the Quality Manual Tab, section 5.3.3, click PDF Export and this will give you a ‘vertical view’ of the Org Chart. The reason for the vertical view is because some organizations have extremely wide organizational charts that make it impractical to view or print, by doing this it gives the user more options.
Training and informational videos that include version updates, R18LabQMS demos and more.
R18LabQMS has a knowledge base
Accessible from the dashboard within the application, top right “help”.
Once you work through the setup process, the following links can be found in the lower right-hand corner of the application:
• User Guide
• R18 Blog
• WebEx – Additional training, please let us know and we can set this up.
Upcoming meetings for 2019
June 4-6, 2019 / Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel; Denver, CO
2019 AASHTO Committee on Materials & Pavements (AASHTO COMP)
August 5-9, 2019 / Baltimore, Maryland
For all questions regarding your quality management system, whether your lab is accredited or not, please contact us and learn how R18LabQMS can add value to your company.
– Gary Irvine
R18LabQMS Program Manager